More than 80%1 of adults worldwide own a smartphone, and global mobile traffic is increasing steadily2 every year. The massive adoption of mobile devices as an affordable and flexible way to accessing the internet worldwide has transformed many of our day-to-day activities, including learning.
In this increasingly mobile world, having an LMS mobile app has become a must. Having your app installed in the devices of your learners and staff is an easy and quick way for them to connect with your institution and engage with your content with a simple tap on their screens.
If your LMS App has your institution’s name and branding, this direct way of being connected to your learners and employees also becomes a great opportunity to increase brand awareness amongst them.
Having a Branded LMS App also has other benefits and today we look at the Top 3:
- Avoid student frustration by making your App easy to identify and find under your institution’s name in the app stores
- Increase student engagement: custom mobile apps achieve more downloads on average than generic third party branded applications3. An app with your branding and name is an environment your learners know and trust.
- Give your students a multi-device learning approach with consistency and continuity, giving your app the same branding and name as your VLS, LMS or Online Campus.
The Branded Moodle App offers all these advantages for your institution, plus:
- Streamlined onboarding: your learners simply have to download your app, log in with their credentials and directly access your Moodle environment.
- Access to learners’ engagement analytics: see how your learners use your apps and make informed decisions on your app implementation strategy.
- Advanced notifications & hosting, including a separate hosting space in Moodle’s GDPR compliant push notifications infrastructure for your site in both iOS and Android
Do you want to give your learners a quality mobile learning experience? Get started with your Branded Moodle App today.
1. https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/us/Documents/technology-media-telecommunications/us-global-mobile-consumer-survey-second-edition.pdf [Go back]
2. https://www.statista.com/statistics/284202/mobile-phone-internet-user-penetration-worldwide/ [Go back]
3. https://www.apparmor.com/Customers/CaseStudies/Branding/ [Go back]