The mobile companion for the recently launched Moodle 3.3.2 is available for download at your nearest app store. It brings few new features, as the team focused on getting right parts of the experience that were beginning to frustrate some users.
For some devices running on iOS 10, the sliding function of the media player was nonresponsive no matter how hard you pressed that little positioning circle. Moodle Mobile 3.3.2 comes with the issue resolved.
No outstanding security upgrades are coming. Other minor fixes in Moodle Mobile 3.3.2 include:
- Loopholes allowing you to circumvent file type restrictions when uploading assignments have now been closed.
- Loading animations on submission and feedback activities no longer run forever when the app is offline.
- Deep links work better now, allowing Moodle to recognize links and open to specific pages directly.
- SCORM packages now work more uniformly between mobile and desktop.
- Doing a feedback activity now appears as complete when the course has enabled completion tracking.
- The course progress bar is now available for older Android devices (4.3 or “Jelly Bean.”) This patch was a contribution by volunteer Frédéric Massart.
Last but not least, developers now enjoy a robust “end-to-end testing” set of integrated tools thanks to Diwakar Moturu and his work during GSoC 2017. Palou thanks him, saying,
“You did a great job, now we’ll finally be able to start writing tests to decrease the bugs and improve our testing. Good job!”
At the time of writing, Moodle Desktop, which shares the same core code and team as Moodle Mobile, was also updated to version 3.3.2 for Linux. Windows and macOS updates should be available soon.
If you find an issue to report in Moodle or if there is a feature you would like to see in upcoming versions, visit the Moodle Tracker. First, search for your issue or feature to make sure you will not be creating a duplicate. If the issue exists, you can vote for it to make it a higher priority for the developers. You can also follow the issue and save it as favorite.