Moodle as the name suggests is modular in nature and it adds a lot of value for the administrators who like to add new functionality. Moodle can be customized completely to change the look and behavior to meet any sector specific requirements. Moodle plugins are the easiest way to add new functionality to Moodle.
As on date, there are more than 1360+ plugins in the official Moodle plugins directory which are downloaded more than 393k times. All these plugins are contributed by more than 750+ developers around the globe.
In this article, I am going to share top 5 moodle plugins which you can use to enhance the productivity of your Moodle site. These plugins are among those few plugins which are very well maintained by respective plugin maintainers over past few years. These are such a gem of plugins which will enhance the Moodle functionality for all requirements.
Top 05 Moodle Plugins to improve productivity:
- Attendance: The first one on our list is the Attendance plugin. It allows teachers to keep up a record of attendance, replacing or supplementing a paper-based attendance register. Primarily meant for blended learning environments where students have to physically attend the classes, lectures, training sessions and the teachers need to track the attendance record and optionally keep a grade for it.
- Simple Certificate – All online learning courses are providing a certificate of completion for the students to showcase their achievement. Simple certificate is the answer to offer a completion certificate in Moodle. And did I told that you can customize the certificate without any technical knowledge through a drag and drop certificate builder.
- Completion Progress – A color coded time management tool for your students & shows what activities/resources a student is supposed to interact with in a course. Through the color coded boxes the students in your course can quickly see what they have and have not completed/viewed. For teachers, there is an overview page to see the progress of all students in a class, which is helpful for finding students at risk.
- Generico Filter – One of the most simple yet very powerful filter plugin for Moodle. Generico is a templating filter plugin for Moodle which allows you to set up text and code snippet templates for use in Moodle text areas. Generico is best suited for re-using common pieces of text. By default includes a lot of templates to start and you can anytime create your own templates to add more such functionality. Moodle community members have even created a Generico showcase to share the different applications of Generico filter.
- Active Quiz – Offer in class real-time quizzes on any device using a responsive theme. Active Quiz plugin also allows you to view student responses in real-time to offer in-class discussion about the results, use any question type from the question bank, use timed/not timed questions, grades reported back to the grade book, group quizzing etc. A real gem of a plugin for conducting real-time quizzes using Moodle platform.