Source: Share competency frameworks with other Moodle sites in Moodle 3.2 – Moodle.com
Improvements in competency frameworks for Moodle 3.2 now means that the frameworks can be exported to use in other sites and may be shared with other Moodle sites.
In Moodle 3.2, competency frameworks can also be imported and exported using csv file format.
Here are the steps to follow to share your competency frameworks with other Moodle sites:
- Firstly, when creating your competency frameworks, make sure they are in csv format, and have both the required and optional fields. If you are unsure of the correct format, you can check by using one of the contributed competency frameworks on moodle.net or by exporting a framework you already have and checking fields there. You can find the “export competency framework” link in site administration.
- To import a file once the competency frameworks have been created, administrators need to access the “Import created competency frameworks” link in site administration menu.
- You can choose the default setting (it is usually what is needed) or make changes to suit your setting.
- Once the competency framework is uploaded, you can confirm the column mappings.
- Once the framework has been uploaded, users can check its availability in site administration, where it will now be available for use in courses.
We hope the improved sharing capability of competency frameworks in Moodle 3.2 is useful for your learning environments.
Preview the improved competency frameworks functionality in our explainer video below!
To download Moodle 3.2: download.moodle.org
Join the conversation on social by using #MoodleBoost.
Download Moodle 3.2 competency frameworks explainer poster here.