Moodle 3.2 the upcoming version of the world’s most popular open source LMS will have a complete variety of improvements and new features. Apart from the New theme project, it will also encompass “LTI Improvements”.
he Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) provider was added to Moodle 3.1 – but unfortunately the LTI provider and consumer do not support the same standards, and as such are missing important functionality, therefore they need usability improvements. So, there are a range of issues that have been identified and are being worked on for Moodle 3.2. The targeted improvements are:
- Offer cartridges in LTI provider
- Upgrade enrol_lti to support LTI v2.0
- Ensure enrol_lti member syncronisation task works as expected
- Content Item support
- Add support for LTI Outcomes Management 2 services
- Caliper Analytics
- Run the LTI Test suite against Moodle (consumer + provider) and create issues for any failures (in this Epic)
- Fix auto-closing LTI config window
- Improve interface for managing course tools
- Add support for services via LTI1 (LTI1.2 spec)
- Improve accessibility of new LTI admin screen
Now there is a prototype demo of LTI improvements is ready for testing at http://prototype.moodle.net/lti/ You can login with the credentials mentioned in the sidebar and test it out. For more details about the project check out this official Moodle docs page, this Tracker issueand this Moodle forum thread.