There is so much to keep up with from the organizational / teacher / administrative / Moodlepreneur angles in the Moodle world that I’m always super pleased when we have some solid new material to put on the table focused on learners. If you’ve been paying attention to MoodleDocs related to the 3.1 release you’ll know that there has been some serious work done by the HQ team focusing on usability. Specifically, in 3.1 there are a number areas that students can look for a better Moodle:
- Assessment and grading have received new features that include viewing learning plans, uploading evidence of the work you’ve done in the past, visibility of progress in a learning plan and receiving feedback on your assignments from your teachers directly in Moodle.
- You can download all of the files for a course in one .zip file.
- There are new convenient and powerful search tools in the Dashboard and basically everywhere else you’re working and learning.
- You can find files, resources and other activities that have been tagged by your teacher easier.
- Messaging has been improved by moving its location next to the user picture on the screen.
- There is now a permalink feature on forums for easier sharing.
- And, a feature I think is really helpful, there is a completely new styling for quizzes so that you can see what you nailed, what you missed and what questions are still awaiting marking by your teacher.